Thursday, January 6, 2011

26: '90 Weekend pt. 2

11.6.2010 - Sneakerheads' tastes vary depending on age, hype influence, budget and etc. But I think all shoe collectors can agree that a collection founded on Air Maxes and Jordans is a solid one. One of the more comfortable retro Air Maxes in my opinion is the Air Max 90. While most runners fit a little narrow and snug, the AM 90 is nice and roomy which is helpful for us aspiring athletes (and sideliners) with wider feet. The style has carried well through the years and the shoe remains a popular choice for retro seekers young and old.

Python in the wild... ok not really

This particular Air Max '90 was released with the Python Pack which also included an Air Trainer One. I was never really a fan of the Air Trainer until recent years. Now that they don't have too many new colorways, I regret not picking up more when they were readily available. Probably not from the same pack though... Too much overlap.

In either case, this AM '90 has been my go-to "neutral" sneaker over the years. Like I said before, I didn't really put a lot of stock in black sneakers in my collecting heyday. Anytime I wore an outfit that required black sneakers it was either these or Chucks (I always save my Jordans for more special occassions). Being the Nikehead that I am, these got a lot more play.

We went to go watch my cousins' football games today, then hung out at Lion Plaza for Pho and pastries after. Though it was cool, there wasn't a cloud in the sky -perfect combination for both football, warm soup and hanging out with the family.

tried to take a glasses reflection picture..

looking down at these



Nike Air Max '90 - White/Medium Grey - Light Graphite ["Pythons"]
+ New Era SF Giants World Series 5950 + Gap Long sleeve + Levi's 514 Premium

For all the sneakers I have in my collection, I'm really surprised I don't have more AM 90's. The Infrareds have been on my buylist for a while, but it seems that they retro them every few years, so I'm not really in a rush. In either case, I think these sneakers are really underrated and could really use some cooler color schemes like these to bring them a little more shine.

{Currently in the Speakers: Debbie Deb - Lookout Weekend}










Pho..... Mo Pho.


No comments:

Post a Comment