Monday, September 27, 2010

8: Sunday Shorty

09.26.2010 - Today, there was a baby shower at church after the service and that could only mean one thing: Potluck! Something I love about going to a Filipino church is they use almost any excuse to throw a party. Really. Pastor's birthday? Party. Church Anniversary? Party. Kwanzaa, Hanukkah, Festivus? Ok, maybe not any excuse. But Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Summer Solstice? Party, party, party, party, party!

Speaking of summer, it's been hot lately. Really. Luckily it's giving me a chance to run through my arsenal of short sleeve button ups one more time before I retire them for the winter. And a little Euro exclusive pair to match? Sure, why not.

posing by the trophy case

The thing I really like about Euro and Japan exclusives is the colorways they come out with. Before the craze really hit the US, most of the best, basic colorways came from Euro and Japan exclusive releases. Plus, you know you'll never see the same shoes on some Randy Random on the street, unless he knew what he was wearing. While this shoe might not look like much, the off color toe-box and swoosh panel combination was the main thing that caught my eye, along with the simple, clean, natural colorway too of course.


Nike Dunk Low - White/White-Baroque Brown [co.euro]
+ Old Navy Short Sleeve Button-up + Levi's 501

Sometimes these parties drag on into the late afternoon. As the girls were attending the baby shower portion of the party, I found my out. I was able to grab a few cookies for the road and ninja out of there unnoticed before anyone offered me a clothespin or asked me to fill in the blank for a nursery rhyme. I got home just in time to see Matt Cain finish his complete game masterpiece, carving through the Rockies like butter. A little nap, an early evening bike ride before dinner and some Sunday Night Football capped off a nice, chill, unfortunately short Sunday before the arduous, mundane, five day rat-race grind ahead. (Really.)

{currently in the speakers: Jay Rock - Thank the Lord}


*Bonus Section*

variety


(Photo Assist Credits: Rholinelle Joy DeTorres -thanks)

No comments:

Post a Comment