Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30: Oh You Fancy, Huh?

11.19.2010 - Upstream knows how to throw a party, and when they do it, they do it up. For this year's Upstream Thanksgiving Party they decided to do a dress-up theme and host the party at Joy's clubhouse. Unofficially titled "Oh You Fancy, Huh?" I knew I wanted to step the shoe game up a notch tonight.

They tell me time is money,
well, we'll spend it together

That goal is pretty easy to accomplish when you have a pair like these in your arsenal. Though sneaker prices aren't where they once were, the Supremes (along with their white counterparts) are still one of the most expensive and most sought after non-limited Dunk SBs. The cement print inspired by the Jordan III is taken to the next level here, yet it's not overdone, placed perfectly balanced on a clean, simple Dunk. I missed out on these when they first released and I missed out when Sneakerpimp.com had a full size run at $300. But when this clean, barely used pair came across eBay, I wasn't going to miss out again. Undisputedly one of the best Dunk SBs of all time, these are still a Top 5 favorite pair in my personal collection.

I run into a catch-22 situation a lot when it comes to my "nice" shoes. I want to rock them because they're so dope, but I try not to rock them too much because I want to preserve their freshness (both literally and figuratively). So the solution? Buy enough nice shoes that you don't run into that problem and run your beaters into the ground. It's an expensive solution and you don't even get to wear each pair as much as you'd like, but that's the price you pay. No compliment makes a sneakerhead smile more than if you follow "Nice kicks..." with "...and they're so clean!"




Nike Dunk Low Pro SB - Black/ Black -Cement Grey ["Supreme"]
+ Fred Perry Zip Cardigan + Van Heusen Button up + David Donahue Bow Tie + Levi's 501 Premium

"Intelligent too, ooh you my sweetheart/
I've always liked my women book and street smart"

I prepared my dad's signature ham for the party. I say signature because the recipe is a family secret -only my dad and myself have ever prepared one from beginning to end. It took a lot longer than I thought it would (as it turns out I was doing it wrong), but I may have developed an improved flavor profile for the dish with the extra steps and drawn out process. Overall, the night was filled with great food and nice clean fun with an awesome group. I wouldn't expect anything less from these guys on a Friday night. Don't miss out on the pics of the food and festivities after the jump.

{Currently in the Speakers: Ace Spectrum - I Don't Want to Play Around}



*Bonus Time!*

ham in the oven

wishbone face off

champion!

Yog


cheers!

brothers


Farnsworth



No comments:

Post a Comment