Sunday, October 17, 2010

13: So Money

10.7.2010 - Why do we buy the things that we buy? In my experience, there are a few main motivations that go into our purchase decisions. Sometimes, one item is better than another in function or quality. It is also possible we choose something because it looks nicer or is better designed. Beyond that, there are times where we decide to purchase something simply because we look at it and say, "That's cool." Not cool because someone told you it was, but because you thought it was. You may not need it, or may not have wanted it before you first saw it, but the moment you laid eyes on it you just had to have it.

That's exactly what happened to me when I saw these.


you don't even know...

They may not look special from afar. I have a lot of shoes that are suede. Shiny gold is a little gaudy for my taste and I don't really wear a lot of red. So what was it exactly that drew me to the "Money Cats"? Three little words.


get that money

That's cool. Design + theme + culture all rolled into a comfortable, simple shoe. I had to have them. I had to have them so badly that I couldn't wait for them to be released and risk not being able to pick them up in the store. When my friend Andrew said he had early access to some sample pairs, I was in like flynn. (Lucky for me, sample size 9 just so happens to be my size.)

I'm a sucker for attention to detail. And when it comes to details, these SBs are so money.




Nike Dunk Low Pro SB - Metallic Gold/Gold Dust - Varsity Red -Black ["Money Cats"]
+ H&M Button Cardigan + Levi's 501

Thursday, I decided to take the Money Cats out to dinner with Kara. It was my first time going to the Faultline Brewing Co. and it seemed pretty busy, especially for a weekday. Check out my review here. I've started trying to change things up and take a few more pictures of other things besides me... keep the blog interesting, you know? Hopefully you guys are enjoying it. Any suggestions or comments on the blog, feel free to post in the end!

{currently in the speakers: Lupe Fiasco - Gold Watch}


*Bonus Section*

not sure if this is a real sign or just a joke. photoworthy, regardless.

stout ice cream. and i don't mean short.

bottoms up



(Photo Assist Credit: Kara Pacis -thanks)

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Asian money cat wearing Money Cat shoes!

    And that sign is real. There are TONS of ducks in the lake behind Faultline. They wander around a lot.

    Did you use the gift certificate thing we gave you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good knowledge on the sign.

    No we didn't spend the gift cert. It doesn't expire, but we couldn't spend the $100 required between the two of us. We'll wait for another time.

    ReplyDelete