Tuesday, October 12, 2010

12: On a Sunday Afternoon

10.3.2010 - I've decided to start dressing up for first Sundays. I've tried it in the past, but never stuck to it. The most recent time I tried it, probably sometime around last year, all of my non-denim pantalones didn't fit me (read: I had gained weight and they wouldn't button up). However, now that I could fit them, I felt it would be a good time to try to bring that back.

This Sunday, I wanted something comfortable, but still nicer than the normal jeans and polo. Needless to say, for all my planning, I didn't plan this outfit out very well. I picked a regular long sleeve button-up, picked some shoes that matched, threw on some khakis and went off to church. I ended up in what JR called a "Pastor Paul outfit."(1)

The shoes were a pair that I hadn't worn in a while. It wasn't because I didn't like them or they were uncomfortable; the opposite was true on both accounts. I always just forgot I had them. As my shoe collection began to expand (we're talking the 70+ range at this point in time), I began looking for shoes that utilized different materials than the normal trio of leather, suede/nubuck and mesh. Snake skin, eel, ostrich, herringbone, any patterns that would make a shoe stand out from the norm. One such material caught my eye and I knew I had to adopt the pair into the family.

postin' up

Tweed. Nice. I really wish that Nike had more shoes that featured Harris Tweed. They're more comfortable than all leather and the tweed is more crease resitant than mesh. It might have just been a one time thing, seeing as they came in the "Harris Tweed Pack", but I can still hope. One more thing, you probably wouldn't know it by looking at it, but those are a women's shoe. A good looking sneaker is a good looking sneaker, regardless of it's a men's 9 or a women's 10.5. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (2)



Nike Dunk Mid Premium Tweed - Black/Birch-Classic Olive
+ Kenneth Cole Button-up + Express Men's Khakis

After church, the family decided to go to Sonoma Chicken Coop -nice change of pace from Khanh's, which we frequent on an almost bi-weekly basis at times. Also, it was a good thing because we all wanted to watch the Giants game so a place that had TVs was definitely preferable. Lunch with the family was great as always (the pictures speak for themselves, really). The Giants clinching the division and a nice afternoon pre-season flag-football game (sans flags) was just icing on my weekend cake.

{currently in the speakers: Jay-Z f. Kid Cudi - Already Home}


(1) - The "Pastor Paul outfit", named after our actual friend Paul, is one that generally consists of a long sleeve shirt or knit sweater and khaki pants, preferably in pastel or non-striking patterns. The outfit has a very subtle, warm feel to it, but most distinctively makes the wearer appear like he is dressing much older than he actually is (aka "Lolo Paul")

(2) - I don't go out picking women's shoes on a regular basis (I promise). Women's sneakers tend to fit more narrow than men's. But, I will admit that this isn't my only pair of women's Nikes. I have two more and I bet $20 that no one would be able to pick them out. This is a standing bet until I reach the end of the One-Hundred, of course.


*Bonus Section*

custom Arnold Palmer








cousins


no caption needed.

that's my family...


(Photo Assist Credits: Rholinelle Joy DeTorres -thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment