Tuesday, January 4, 2011

25: '90 Weekend pt. 1

11.5.2010 - Sneakerheads' tastes vary depending on age, hype influence, budget and etc. But I think all shoe collectors can agree that a collection founded on Air Maxes and Jordans is a solid one. One of the more comfortable retro Air Maxes in my opinion is the Air Max 90. While most runners fit a little narrow and snug, the AM 90 is nice and roomy which is helpful for us aspiring athletes (and sideliners) with wider feet. The style has carried well through the years and the shoe remains a popular choice for retro seekers young and old.

Escape to the jungle... ok not really.

This particular Air Max 90 dropped as a part of the first Escape Pack, along with an Air Trainer SC and an Air Force II High (which I'm still looking for, if you know anyone). The colorway proved so popular that Nike later released both an Air Force I Low and a Dunk SB in the same scheme.

I don't exactly remember where I got them, but I definitely remember where I've been with these shoes. They may not seem like much, but it really is the experiences I have with the different pairs in my collection that make them special to me. Each pair has a different story, and put together, my collection is like an archive of where I've been, what I've done and sets up, more importantly, where I will be going.



Nike Air Max '90 - Natural/Black - Greenend Brown ["Escape"]
+ Old Navy Button Up + Levi's 514 Premium


{Currently in the Speakers: Curtis Mayfield - Move on Up}

No comments:

Post a Comment