Sunday, November 14, 2010

20: All White Everything

10.23.2010 - One of the things I really like about my friends is that they try really hard to plan fun parties. I'm not talking about slumber parties or Wonderpark or anything like that. But for Ed's birthday several years ago, he wanted to throw a decently big party -he decided to make it a black light themed party. We dressed Nick's house MTV Crib up in black lights and I swear it looked like a club -DJ booth overlooking a dance floor and everything.

Another year, Ed proposed a "crew" theme, and different groups were encouraged to come dressed as a crew. To one-up everyone, since we were in fact the original "Crew", everyone in our crew had black helmets and LED wire designs (like a poor man's Daft Punk). To say that our idea was the best would be an understatement.


This year, James wanted to throw a "White Party" for his birthday. Obviously not the most original idea in the world, but still fun. The thing was, I really didn't want to buy white pants. First, I don't nor do I ever plan on working at the Cheesecake Factory and second, I'm not that Asian. Really, what am I ever going to do with white pants after that party?

But Ed wouldn't let me try to sneak by with light grey corduroys. "Dude, trust me. You'll look tight going to a White Party dressed in all white," he said. That's one of the things I love about Ed; he tries to get everyone involved and everyone into it, no matter how lame I think the idea may be.

Second, oddly, I didn't know what shoes to wear. In the past, I always had white shoes waiting in the wings. "White shoes went with everything" was my thought. As I matured in my taste and dress, my thoughts regarding white shoes began to change as well. All white shoes were nice at times, but there is almost always a better shoe suited for the outfit. I started using white shoes as daily wearers and only purchased new ones when my old ones weren't white anymore.

Ed couldn't believe that I didn't have a pair of white shoes that I could wear for the party. I couldn't either. A deep scan of the stacks proved me wrong when I encountered these...



I always forgot about these not because I didn't want to wear them. It's just that I really wanted to preserve them. Of course I wanted to keep them clean, and this gets more difficult the more white the shoe. More so however, this particular pair is not only rare, but also pretty expensive (and yes, that's coming from me). Luckily I had a plan to not dance and protect myself near the DJ booth for most of the night so my precious kicks would remain unharmed. =)




Nike Blazer SB Supreme - Sail/Brown
+ Marc Ecko Cut & Sew Cardigan + Levi's 501

Patrick said I looked like Kanye West -*Like*. Thi turned around and said that I really looked like Carlton - *Boo*. I wasn't able to assist Patrick tonight with the turntable activities due to my lack of training with Serato, but he did an amazing job as usual. (see below)

I don't know when these guys will stop coming up with all these fun ideas, but I'm riding with this crew until the end regardless. The theme parties are really just a bonus.


{currently in the speakers: Jay-Z - Roc Boys}



*Bonus Section*







(Photo Assist Credit: Danny Park)

No comments:

Post a Comment