Thursday, November 11, 2010

19: Safari

10.22.2010 - Mel had a fun activity planned for Friday night Upstream.
The setting would be Santana Row, so I knew I wanted to be dressed somewhat stylishly.
The activity would be a scavenger hunt, so I knew I had to be comfortable.

Comfort + Style + Scavenger Hunt?

Safari!!

Santana Heights x Safari

The Nike Air Safari originally debuted in 1987 and none other than Nike legend Tinker Hatfield is responsible for the iconic shoe. The Safari incorporates innovative materials and classic form to make a truly groundbreaking design. To say this sneaker is "inspired" would be a disservicing understatement.



Nike Air Safari - Tan/ Charcoal- Black
+ 10 Deep "Maritime" Shawlneck Sweater + Levi's 501 Selvedge STF


I caught up with the group late, since I came straight from work, but I still wanted to participate in the festivities. It was not until I cracked the first few stops on the hunt that I realized something. The goal was "take a picture at the top of the slide." I was standing at the top and I looked down and saw... my shoes! In one of those "duh" moments and realized I had been missing out on a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone. If I had to take pictures of my shoes for this blog and I had to take pictures of each stop on the scavenger hunt, why not make it fun and just combine the two?

Luckily, I only missed a few of the stops taking pictures without the Safaris in them -I got them on the double back. In case you are wondering what a photo scavenger hunt in Santana Row would look like...

Objective #1: find the "light tree"...

outside El Jardin

Objective #2: find the man riding a pig...

sign at Left Bank restaurant

Objective #3: take a picture at the top of the slide...

as i was walking out, i heard a kid exclaim to his parent,
"see! it's NOT closed! can we go in please???"
...i felt bad

Objective #4: find six water fountains...





yes, i took my shoe off inside that store...
i ran out before the employee coming up to me could say anything.


Objective #5: find six palm trees in a row...

three part picture

Objective #7: find the "Santana Row Code of Conduct"...

i didn't even know they had one!

Objective #8: try on an outfit at Urban Outfitters and take a picture...

i kinda wanted to go back and buy this outfit!
BDG Toggle Fleece Hoodie (navy) + Levi's 511 Corduroys (olive)

Objective #9: take a picture of an empty store...

another one bites the dust

Objective #10: find the Winchester Garage current capacity...


Objective #11: take a picture of the Villa Cornet wall...


Objective #12: find the chess board...

obviously he meant the big one,
but this picture was so much better

Objective #13: find the Santana Row pillars


Objective #14: find the "moon paintings"...
Objective #15: find fourteen arrows in a row...

The double back to take the missing Safari pictures didn't cost me much time in the end because I ended up catching up to the only group still playing. In Mel finished with two of the more difficult things to find -the first to find one won it all. I had already walked ran up and down Santana Row more times than I could count. Tired, hungry and mentally exhausted, the team of Eugene, Aaron, Rhea and Hannah bested me that night when they found the moon paintings on a ceiling in the front of the Row.

Even though I was rolling solo the whole night, the activity was still incredibly fun. Props to Mel for taking the time to put it all together and props to Eugene and his team for finishing out the race. Slops to the team that quit (you know who you are) and to the concierge who didn't seem to know where anything was... awkward, right? Hope you enjoyed this post as it took me forever to edit everything. More fun stuff coming in the next few days! Thanks for reading!

{currently in the speakers: Christian Dior Denim Flow - Kanye West}


(Photo Assist Credits: Jesimiel Fuentes)

No comments:

Post a Comment