Monday, November 15, 2010

21: Black is the new...

10.24.2010 - It's not a coincidence that I put the black themed article exactly after the white one. As much as I used to wear white shoes with everything, that's how little I wore black shoes. My mom always used to tell me that black shoes matched everything. I thought it was a cop out. They didn't really match everything. If it came between white shoes and black shoes for choosing a neutral sneaker, I always felt that white shoes were a better choice because a sneakerhead could show how clean his shoes were.

But as I matured in my taste and dress, my thoughts regarding black shoes began to change as well. Where white is high maintenance and tries to attract attention, black is classy and understated. They are low maintenance and clean. Always. It may seem like I am looking way too deeply into this, but that doesn't mean it's not true. The funny thing is, it has probably always been true and I just didn't realize it until recently. Not until I bought these...


black is back

I had already been looking for the right black shoes for a while when I finally picked these up. The quick strike tier zero release couldn't have come at a better time.


Nike Dunk Hi AC Tier Zero - Black/ White
+ H&M Coat + Levi's 501 Selvedge STF

As you can probably tell, these shoes didn't get much rest over the summer. These black sneakers matched a lot more than I thought. They matched... everything. I guess my mom was right all along. Funny how things come around full circle. Black isn't really the new anything; it is and will always be black.


{currently in the speakers: Jay-Z - Public Service Announcement}


(Photo Assist Credit: Jesimiel Fuentes)

No comments:

Post a Comment