Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Black Diamonds and Blood Money

Hot off @NickyDiamonds' Twitter (last week), the new Diamond Supply Co. x Black Scale collab. Diamond Supply Co. and Black Scale have been running for years, but have definitely started to hit their stride as major players in the streetwear scene.

I've been following Diamond Supply since their early years, but have begun to pay them some serious attention as of late. Between their Un-Polo and Wiz Khalifa drops, they've quickly become one of my favorite streetwear brands. And while I don't currently own anything from Black Scale, I'm happy to say this will be the first piece in my collection. It feels good to support entrepreneurs from the Bay Area (and getting fresh gear in return doesn't hurt at all).

It will be interesting to see what direction both these guys head in as their brands are gearing up for warp speed. Will they follow the path of mass appeal set by LRG and Undftd before them? I mean, I know everyone has to make their money, but at the same time there's something to be said for a business that would turn a blind eye to the money to focus on their core audience.

Where does one draw the line between trying to "keep it real" art/vision wise vs. "living the dream" dollar wise? I don't have a definitive opinion to be 100% honest, but I think about it every day. While the idealist would obviously say, "keep it real or die," you can't honestly tell me that ten times out of ten you would pass on the opportunity for the gold, glam and glory -if not at the very least, an early retirement. I'd love to hear your thoughts and continue this discussion in the comments section since I have to get up early for work tomorrow -back on my own little grind, trying to get where I want to be down the road.

Oh yeah, almost forgot...


That's fresh yo -if I do say so, myself. (comes in white too)

(Photo Credits: Diamond Supply Co., Swagsyndicate.com)

{currently in the speakers: Aloe Blacc - I Need a Dollar}

No comments:

Post a Comment